cerca con google

Google

giovedì 28 giugno 2007

TRANSFORMATION D'UNE BOURGEOISE - 3


CHAPTER 1
My husband left me!! I simply can not believe it! It finally happened
and it happened just like that. Yesterday he announced to me that he had
an affair with a nurse (how banal, Mon Dieu!) working in his clinic and
they were moving out of the country to start new parallel careers in an
exclusive private clinic in Milan, Italy! I simply cannot believe it,
my husband decided to leave his beloved Paris for an Italian city, even
if that is Milan? Later I understood that this was planned well ahead and
it was me in my notorious innocence and naivety that didn't pick anything.
He packed a suitcase of clothes and personal things in a haste and left
yesterday evening directly for the airport, they had a late flight to
catch. He said that He didn't need anything else from the house which
belonged to me anyway, through family inheritence. But in a goodwill
gesture, as he said, he left everything that we bought together for the
house the five years we stayed together.
We parted as friends without unnecessary scenes, we both were low key
people and we didn't like screams and abuses. He even managed to convince
me that he wasn't good enough for me, he wasn't the type of man I needed
etc. Probably he had a point. I really don't know. Of course after he
was gone a terribe emptiness overtook me and I started crying bitterly
on my own. It took me some time to calm down and only after I took a
sleeping tablet I was able to go into a deep dreamless sleep.
I opened my eyes quite late the next day, it was past ten in the morning
and I could hear the familiar noise of the vacuum cleaner from the floor
below. God I forgot! It was Monique our Portuguese cleaning lady. I felt
uneasy I had to explain to her what happened. She was coming to the house
3 times a week and we were quite happy with her. All of sudden the feeling
of emptiness came back to me. I was still thinking in terms of WE, but
I was alone now! Tears started coming up tp my eyes and I desperately
tried to control myself.
Soon I was in the dining room where usually breakfast was served when
Monique was around. She saw me and I must have looked quite a sight
because she stopped what she was doing and came towards me, a concerned
look in her face. She looked very neat in her light blue overall dress
and her matching bib apron and head scarf. I was a firm believer that
a domestic in the house should look the part, nothing fancy, just a
practical maid's uniform.
(3-a suivre)


Nessun commento: